[Xastir] One step closer with my RH 9 install, BUT

KC7ZRU - Tate kc7zru at arrl.net
Sun Jun 29 00:48:53 EDT 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> Yea, but then you'll end up with the same, possibly buggy, RH9
> packages.  Any time you have a dot zero release, there's bound to be
> problems with it.  I don't know how RedHat handles updated packages,
> but you might have an online update option or should at least be able
> to find updated packages on their website that have changed since
> they pressed the RH9 CDROM's.  I'd install those and see if your
> problems go away.

Alas, what with the 'enterprization' of RedHat, we'll not ever be seeing
a RH point release (x.1, x.2, etc) on the freebie side again. Those are
now reserved for paying customers only.

However, up2date, ala 'Red Hat Network' or RHN, (even the demo flavor)
will update all just fine as fresher bits become available. But if
you're waiting for RH to release a 9.1 distro - don't, it ain't come'n.

73

--
         "The Dungeon" online at http://go.to/kc7zru
               Casper, WY    |    CARC Repeater