[Xastir] AX25 Digi'ing

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Mar 10 16:10:11 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> I am using it with a standard tnc (both a kpc3+ and AEA PK-88) operating in
> kiss mode and using the ax25 interface.  I have been using it for about an
> hour..... and all seems ok.
>
> I'll let you know if anything funny happens.
>
> Tom
>
> > Note that Olivier has been using it with the Soundmodem interface
> > with AX.25 kernel networking.  I'd be interested in reports of
> > people trying it with Serial KISS interfaces, which is the other
> > type of interface where it was implemented.
> >
> > Serial TNC interfaces (other than KISS) don't need it, as you can
> > turn on relay digipeat in the TNC setup file.
> >
> > If people thing it works well enough, we'll allow it in the user
> > interface by default.

KISS mode/AX.25 interface should be exercising the same code as
Olivier has been using, so hopefully you'll get similar results.

What I'd like to hear about is someone using a KISS-mode TNC but
with the Serial KISS Xastir interface, bypassing the AX.25 kernel
networking code.  I want to know if digipeating works well in that
case.

I could test that, but my home radio has bad finals, and there
aren't a lot of mobiles out my way to digipeat anyway.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin