[Xastir] Xastir and GPS

Mike Fenske mike_fenske at telus.net
Sat Mar 15 12:32:42 EST 2003

Hello all. I have been testing Xastir mobile using an old Pentium 100
laptop (24mb ram and Suse 7.3) and soundmodem as TNC. All works fine, but I
noticed that when I start GPS interface, CPU usage goes way up. After
having it running for say 30-60 minutes, Xastir is using about 25-30% CPU
and X is using about 45-50%. If I stop GPS interface, Xastir usage drops to
2-3% and X to 0-5%. I have position transmit interval at 5 minutes and GPS
check interval at 20 seconds. I noticed also that the red arrow indicating
incoming data for the GPS interface is on continuously. I am using CVS from
about a week ago. Also noticed that after I stopped GPS interface and
clicked on my station and then "station information" Xastir goes to 93% cpu
usage and is still there after 45 minutes. A window is open that has title
"compute_decorations test". Any ideas??

Thanks
Mike Fenske
VE7MKF