[Xastir] Un'acked Sent Messages

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 17 01:05:44 EST 2003

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Mark - N2PGD wrote:

> I've actually started thinking about a fairly major messaging interface
> overhaul.  I'm still working up a design spec and was hoping to run it by
> the development list.  I used WinAPRS previous to Xastir and I like the
> basic idea they were using.  There is a central message window, which shows
> you the status of all sent/received messages and their status.  The user can
> then apply various filters to limit the messages which are displayed. I
> think the true power comes from the flexibity of user defined filters, which
> WinAPRS completely lacks.

Perhaps you, Bob (kd7nm) and others should discuss this on the
xastir-dev list (that's where discussions like this should probably
occur).  I know Bob mentioned to me before that he really liked how
messaging is done in APRS+.  Perhaps a blending of both using
Xastir's strengths?

Right now we're talking about ripping out the back-end code and
starting over with an SQL database.  We'll be focusing a lot of brain
cells on that, but that's no reason to make the user interface
development stand still in the meantime.

Messaging has had a few minor tweaks here and there to fix bugs, but
really needs someone to pay it some major attention.  I'd be happy to
support you in this endeavor.

Please start up a new thread about this on the xastir-dev mailing
list and let's get some good discussion going.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer