[Xastir] Un'acked Sent Messages

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 17 01:11:20 EST 2003

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> Is it possible to not have the message sent dialog NOT pop up on the main
> screen if an ack is not received?  Perhaps have it pop up on the status bar
> at the bottom of the screen or something, something like the logging
> indication. Normally if you get a fast ack, it is not a nuisance, however
> when the message is being continuously sent due to path problems or the
> receivers station is off, this dialog keeps popping up on the screen.  I
> think the first time is OK, just to really confirm the message has been sent.

Yea, it's possible to do so.  Right now the popup occurs if a message
is either to or from your callsign/SSID.  We could easily change it
to update the dialog if it exists, but only pop up when a message
comes in from someone else.  I think that might be a fairly minor
tweak, but then again the code might suprise me.  It might get into
the same kind of thing as the bulletins used to do though:  Pop up
everytime a message comes in, even if it's a repeat.  It'd at least
stop the popups for transmitted messages, so it'd be a net gain.

Usually I just leave the window up but hide it behind the main Xastir
window, and that way it becomes much less annoying.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer