[Xastir] Idea for re-org of map directories

Øyvind Hanssen oyvind at cs.uit.no
Wed Mar 19 04:17:43 EST 2003

Interesting. It is not hard to add another field, but it might not alone be
sufficient to completely eliminate the need of defining an order on
the displaying of maps. Sometimes maps have overlapping
min-max intervals and might overlap each other geographically
as well.

The benefit of adding a min-field is then small except
that we can avoid displaying too much scaled-up maps.
Perhaps the ordering can be deduced from the max-level. I.e.
the map with the lowest max zoom level should be on the top in
the case of overlap?

(By the way. The krypton http server seems to be down, so I am not able
to subscribe to the xastir-dev list)

73 de LA7ECA.

--
Associate Professor, Computer Science dept., University of Tromsø
oyvind at cs.uit.no, http://hans.priv.no/oivindh