[Xastir] Idea for re-org of map directories

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 19 19:03:03 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, [iso-8859-1] Øyvind Hanssen wrote:

> Interesting. It is not hard to add another field, but it might not alone be
> sufficient to completely eliminate the need of defining an order on
> the displaying of maps. Sometimes maps have overlapping
> min-max intervals and might overlap each other geographically
> as well.

Ah, but that's what the map levels are for!  They specify the map
layering for maps that will overlap.

> The benefit of adding a min-field is then small except
> that we can avoid displaying too much scaled-up maps.
> Perhaps the ordering can be deduced from the max-level. I.e.
> the map with the lowest max zoom level should be on the top in
> the case of overlap?

Yea, that seems like it might work out just fine, and require us to
fill in one less field than having min/max/level.

> (By the way. The krypton http server seems to be down, so I am not able
> to subscribe to the xastir-dev list)

Happens.  I just saw some old mail come through, so perhaps it was
wedged.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer