[Xastir] Creating Object.

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Mar 26 12:28:25 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Jim wrote:

> I am having problems when creating objects. I can not choose a symbol from
> the list or I always get an undifined symbol and the object is either not
> created or it is created in never - never land. If I type in the
> group/overlay symbol it appears to work correctly.
> I have done a CVS update today.
> Am I doing something wrong or could this be a new problem (either on my
> system or in the code)?

As long as you give the object/item a name, you should be able to
choose a symbol via either method.  I just tried it here on one
Xastir instance and the object appeared on another Xastir instance
(running as two different users of course).

What operating system and version are you running on?  Where are you
_not_ seeing the object/item?  On some other client, on Xastir
itself, or on Findu?  Please give us more info.

Be aware that most of the APRS clients out there don't decode ITEMS.
Most won't decode the compressed posit format either (not to be
confused with Mic-E format, which is different).  Perhaps one of
those is the issue?

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin