[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-Dev] Less brave testers wanted. :-) (fwd)

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Mar 27 15:45:13 EST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:48:57 -0500
From: Tom Young <tom at twyoung.com>
To: Jack Twilley <jmt at twilley.org>, "Curt Mills, WE7U" <hacker at tc.fluke.com>,
     xastir-request at xastir.org
Subject: Re: [Xastir-Dev] Less brave testers wanted. :-)

I upgraded to automake-1.6.3-1,  installed a brandnew source tree from
CVS, added
the previously mentioned AC_WRAPPER statements to bootstrap.sh, ran
bootstrap.sh, and
ran ./configure with the following output:

checking netax25/ax25.h usability... yes
checking netax25/ax25.h presence... yes
checking for netax25/ax25.h... yes
checking for ax25_config_load_ports in -lax25... no
Building with AX25.......... : no
Building with GeoTiff....... : no
Building with ShapeLib...... : yes
Building with ImageMagick... : yes
Building with Festival...... : no
Building with GPSMan........ : no

Then I ran make with no problems, ran xastir  put my KAM+ in KISS mode
at 9600
baud, and brought up the serial KISS interface.   Again I am getting
(mostly) gibberish from the TNC.    A typical packet starts with
gibberish and ends with readable characters.

	TNC> -(*|?-11>%r)#?08,?)"....9:k1rfd at k1rfd.com

for example.

Perhaps someone here has experience with using the KAM Plus on the
serial KISS interface.

-Tom, KD1UL