[Xastir] Kam+?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Mar 28 12:47:53 EST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Mike Fenske wrote:

> Not sure if this will help but I am running Xastir at home with a KPC-9612
> dual port TNC (9600/1200 baud). Normally run it with kernel AX25 so I can
> still use the 9600 port, but I tried it this morning with Xastir's "Serial
> Kiss TNC" interface. The 9612 has 2 kiss modes, KISS and XKISS. I normally
> have it in XKISS mode for kernel AX25 use. I found that in order to use
> Xastir's serial Kiss interface, I had to switch it to KISS mode (via
> minicom) and it worked just fine. I did note, however, that the "Relay
> Digipeat" button was greyed out. Not sure why. Hope this helps.

Because you have to uncomment one define in xastir.h and recompile
in order to enable that function.  Until it's tested we don't want
people using it by default.

If you'd be so kind as to try it in that mode, it'd be much
appreciated.  If it works I'd like to enable it by default.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin