[Xastir] Kam+?

Mike Fenske mike_fenske at telus.net
Fri Mar 28 11:05:33 EST 2003

Not sure if this will help but I am running Xastir at home with a KPC-9612
dual port TNC (9600/1200 baud). Normally run it with kernel AX25 so I can
still use the 9600 port, but I tried it this morning with Xastir's "Serial
Kiss TNC" interface. The 9612 has 2 kiss modes, KISS and XKISS. I normally
have it in XKISS mode for kernel AX25 use. I found that in order to use
Xastir's serial Kiss interface, I had to switch it to KISS mode (via
minicom) and it worked just fine. I did note, however, that the "Relay
Digipeat" button was greyed out. Not sure why. Hope this helps.

73,
Mike Fenske
VE7MKF

ps. Curt: Xastir running great on my old P-100 laptop since you changed the
"GPS check interval" code. Thank you again!!