[Xastir] INSTALL HELP! ! !

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Mar 28 18:57:49 EST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Jacob Tennant wrote:

> I got cygwin installed but when I clicked on the name-changed
> startxwin.fvwm2.bat file it starts up but xterm says it could not find bash
> and I have no icons to do anything with it???
>
> What do I need to do???

More than likely you'll need to go through the Cygwin install again.
Don't worry:  It'll just download those things that you didn't get
the first time around.  It appears that Cygwin sometimes quits in
the middle of doing things and doesn't inform you of that fact.

Just try it again until the network install of Cygwin doesn't
download any more packages.

Can you click on the Green/Black Cygwin icon and get a BASH shell
prompt?

Running the "startxwin.fvwm2.bat" file is the old method now by the
way.  The current method listed in the latest README.win32 file.
You can read the latest at http://www.xastir.org or by typing "cvs
update" and then "less README.win32" from the
/home/<user>/src/xastir directory under Cygwin.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin