[Xastir] INSTALL HELP! ! !

Jacob Tennant k8jwt at ntelos.net
Fri Mar 28 19:07:38 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Mills, WE7U" <hacker at tc.fluke.com>
To: "Jacob Tennant" <k8jwt at ntelos.net>
Cc: <Xastir at xastir.org>
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Xastir] INSTALL HELP! ! !

> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Jacob Tennant wrote:
>
> > I got cygwin installed but when I clicked on the name-changed
> > startxwin.fvwm2.bat file it starts up but xterm says it could not find
bash
> > and I have no icons to do anything with it???
> >
> > What do I need to do???
>
> More than likely you'll need to go through the Cygwin install again.
> Don't worry:  It'll just download those things that you didn't get
> the first time around.  It appears that Cygwin sometimes quits in
> the middle of doing things and doesn't inform you of that fact.

I downloaded everything listed in the README.win32 and everthing went
smoothe and it said everthing was installed correctly. Hate to go thru
another 6+ hour download.

> Just try it again until the network install of Cygwin doesn't
> download any more packages.
>
> Can you click on the Green/Black Cygwin icon and get a BASH shell
> prompt?

That is where it stops. I get a xterm window and it flashes the it can't do
something and the window disappears after just a few seconds. Will try to
get the exact message in a moment.

> Running the "startxwin.fvwm2.bat" file is the old method now by the
> way.  The current method listed in the latest README.win32 file.
> You can read the latest at http://www.xastir.org or by typing "cvs
> update" and then "less README.win32" from the
> /home/<user>/src/xastir directory under Cygwin.

I am reading directly from the README.win32 file I downloaded and printed
from xastir.org right before I started downloading cygwin

Jacob Tennant  K8JWT