[Xastir] (no subject)

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Sun Mar 30 17:48:09 EST 2003

Hi Doug,

What do you need help with? What problem are you having with the maps?

It sounds like you've found some maps. What kind of maps are they and where
did you get them? Did you compile Xastir from source, or did you find a
pre-compiled binary?

Generally, to install maps, put them in the '/usr/local/xastir/maps/'
directory, or a sub-directory under it. As for the format of maps, the stock
Xastir compile (without any of the extra library functions built-in) can
handle MacAPRS/WinAPRS/APRSdos maps and PocketAPRS maps.

Does your installation of Xastir include of the ImageMagick,
libtiff/libgeotiff, or shapelib libraries? Those really open the doors on
usable map formats.

-Lance KJ5O

On Sunday 30 March 2003 16:36, Doug wrote:
> HELP if someone can I am have a problem with getting and install maps in
> the xastir .
> I am new at this I do have xastir up and running just have a problemwith
> the maps.
> All help is great 73 Doug

J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.