[Xastir] NWS objects - not TX-ing...

dale huguley kg5qd at wxsvr.net
Thu May 1 18:22:39 EDT 2003

Greg Jurrens wrote:

>Dale et.al.
>
>We're having a weather day here in Texas so I'm testing the new "NWS*" wildcard feature without success.  My newly shortened nws-stations.txt file contains:
>
>EWX*
>FWD*
>SJT*
>
>I am logging iGATE traffic and not seeing any of the many FWDShhmmz objects that are being sent out by WXSVR right now.  I was expecting to see them in addition to things like FWDSVR, etc, which I'm also not seeing iGATED.

I was just informed the other day that xastir doesn't gate weather
objects- I don't know why it was never coded.
I don't igate here because I have the server directly  tied to an AGW
engine, so I never knew there was a problem.  I am told it is on the
to-do list, but there is a code freeze in the works.

Things WX wise not working as of the latest CVS-
1. No I-gating of Wx Objects
2. Hurricane  Objects  data is mis-parsed  in the station info  box.
3. NWS alert counties not lighting up- zones work but Counties don't.
4. Tornado Watches have Severe Thunderstorm Boxes around them- I think
this is a Wxsvr problem.
5. User interface to get entire weather bulletin via finger very arcane-
should be option of station info on a Wx Object.

I can tackle some of these problems once I get Wxsvr moved to Linux
with  an  MySql backend- I am making some good progress- the porting
hasn't been nearly as painful as I thought it would be.

AGW interface is working great now- thanks Curt.

Thats the good/bad thing about xastir if you complain about a problem-
you will be forced to fix it (or at least define it which some times
takes longer ;-) )

73 de kg5qd Dale