[Xastir] NWS objects - not TX-ing...

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri May 2 13:10:25 EDT 2003

On Thu, 1 May 2003, dale huguley wrote:

> I was just informed the other day that xastir doesn't gate weather
> objects- I don't know why it was never coded.

I don't recall anyone asking much for this sort of thing until
recently.  We've been busy doing lots of things elsewhere in the
code.  Squeeky wheel gets the grease and all that...

> I don't igate here because I have the server directly  tied to an AGW
> engine, so I never knew there was a problem.  I am told it is on the
> to-do list, but there is a code freeze in the works.

Yep!

> Things WX wise not working as of the latest CVS-
> 1. No I-gating of Wx Objects

On feature request list.

> 2. Hurricane  Objects  data is mis-parsed  in the station info  box.

Didn't know about this one.  Can you add it to the bug list with
details enough for the developers to fix it?

> 3. NWS alert counties not lighting up- zones work but Counties don't.

When did this happen?  I've been working in the Shapefile code,
implementing "holes" in the filled polygons.  Might have broken
something.

Have an easy way for me to test this out?

> 4. Tornado Watches have Severe Thunderstorm Boxes around them- I think
> this is a Wxsvr problem.

They don't happen much over here, so I haven't paid a lot of
attention to them.  I have seen a lot of warnings in the xterm about
the multi-point objects you're creating.  Some of them either have
errors or we're not parsing them correctly.

> 5. User interface to get entire weather bulletin via finger very arcane-
> should be option of station info on a Wx Object.

That could be added later.  Add it to the feature request list.

> AGW interface is working great now- thanks Curt.

Including the login packet?  I couldn't make that part work.  I've
also had a report that one Cygwin/Xastir/AGWPE machine didn't work
well.  I think it was locking up a lot.

> Thats the good/bad thing about xastir if you complain about a problem-
> you will be forced to fix it (or at least define it which some times
> takes longer ;-) )

Yea.  Define all of the above.  In triplicate please.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin