[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-Dev] Argh! make problems

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun May 4 12:57:38 EDT 2003

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Fixed.  Loaded.  Seems to be working.

Put that one in the FAQ Reuven?  A quick grep shows it's not in there.

> RH 9.0, latest Proj4, ShapeLibs, ImageMagic 5.5.6 with the RH distro,
> ax25 libs and tools, etc.  CVS as of this afternoon.
>
> I'm seeing some anomolies like this:
> Warning:
>      Name: create_appshell text_output
>      Class: XmTextField
>      Character '\55' not supported in font.  Discarded.
> ... I'm not sure what they mean, yet but I'm watching them.

Sure looks like you need to load some more fonts.

I've had one report so far that with RH9.0's kernel, which has some
kernel 2.5 features in it, it likes to lock on a "futex" call.  Changing
to a generic 2.4 kernel seems to fix it.  Not sure whether this should
go into the FAQ yet, unless another person or two experiences similar
problems.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer