[Xastir] May 4th Tornado Outbreak

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon May 5 13:08:36 EDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, dale huguley wrote:

> Bad day in the Mid-west yesterday.  26 known dead at this writing and
> some still missing.  There is a log file of the WXSVR starting about 4
> am Central Time Sunday May 4th until about 24 hours later available at:
> http://wxsvr.net/tmp/0504outbrk.txt
> This file can be loaded as a log file into a lot of the APRS clients as
> is. Just "Save Page as" or something like that from the file tab in your
> browser.
>
> And the xastir snapshot of the logfile at:
> http://wxsvr.net/tmp/outbreak.png
>
> The counties are not lit up (it would be almost every county in some
> states!)

I'll look into this problem right away.  That file has a rather
large number of weather-related objects and boundary boxes in it, so
I'll keep that one around for testing for a long time.  It's too bad
it represents so many deaths due to weather...

I found another killer packet over the weekend as well which stopped
one of my Xastir instances.  Luckily it got logged and I can
duplicate the segfault easily.  I'll fix that one right away also.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin