[Xastir] May 4th Tornado Outbreak

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon May 5 15:56:49 EDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, dale huguley wrote:

> Bad day in the Mid-west yesterday.  26 known dead at this writing and
> some still missing.  There is a log file of the WXSVR starting about 4
> am Central Time Sunday May 4th until about 24 hours later available at:
> http://wxsvr.net/tmp/0504outbrk.txt
> This file can be loaded as a log file into a lot of the APRS clients as
> is. Just "Save Page as" or something like that from the file tab in your
> browser.
>
> And the xastir snapshot of the logfile at:
> http://wxsvr.net/tmp/outbreak.png
>
> The counties are not lit up (it would be almost every county in some
> states!)

Snagged that logfile, did a "sort -u" on it, removed the SKY and
object posits, then took the rest and bumped the expiration date up
to May 09th.  I get lots of counties lit up when I suck that logfile
back into Xastir.

We did some fixes to the weather alert code some weeks back w.r.t.
the expiration of alerts.  That part of the code works properly now,
whereas it didn't before.  Could this be where the confusion lies?
As soon as that expiration date/time hits, we drop it.  With the
earlier code they'd hang around a lot longer.

I'll send you a snapshot in a minute of what I'm seeing.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin