[Xastir] Multiple instances of Xastir

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Mon May 5 19:53:18 EDT 2003

I finally got aprsd running on my Linux box after some much appreciated
help from Chuck (kg4ijb).  I now have xastir getting it's feed from
aprsd.  I now want to run a second instance of xastir under a different
user.  I set up the user but there is a problem when I try to start
xastir.  I open a terminal window and do: sudo -c aprs1 xastir.  I get
the error:  Xlib connection to "0:0" refused by server.  Xlib: No
protocol specified.  Error: Can't open display :0.0.  I know this is a
X11 issue but I hope since others have done this maybe they can shed
some light on how to do this.

Thanks,
Dana
N1OFZ