[Xastir] Local: Los Angeles APRS Demo at SGVRC Tuesday Night

Frank kg6jve at pasadena.net
Mon May 5 20:30:40 EDT 2003

Presentation by:

Frank Keeney, KG6JVE
Stephen Smith, WA8LMF, http://www.wa8lmf.com

The San Gabriel Valley Radio Club is having a demo of APRS 7pm May 6th,
Tomorrow

We'll be there to demonstrate this mode and answer any questions. We'll
have several live APRS stations with UI-View, Xastir, APRS+SA and other
equipment.

There is no charge for the meeting. Please forward this to any interested.

Location in the Community Room at Arcadia Park:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=sgvrc
In APRS go to the SGVRC object.

What is APRS:

APRS is a system which uses amateur radio to transmit position reports,
weather reports, and messages between users. APRS was developed by Bob
Bruninga, WB4APR, for tracking and digital communications with mobile GPS
equipped stations with two-way radio. In the 10 years since its
introduction, it has grown to encompass just about every aspect of Amateur
Radio

Frank Keeney
KG6JVE