[Xastir] killer packet

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 5 21:47:34 EDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, vic wrote:

> must be a windows problem: back to xastir full time...
>
> meanwhile>.
>
> the watch and warning boxes come from where?
> how do they get put into the system?
> what is needed to send them to internet or rf and to see them on xastir?

They come from the internet, from Dale Huguley's WXSVR program.

You can send some of the alerts over RF by adding the specific NWS
stations to the ~/.xastir/data/nws-stations.txt file.  Objects won't
get sent though.  I don't think the bounding boxes will get sent
either, but I might be wrong on that.

To see them in Xastir you just have to be hooked to the APRS-IS
somewhere.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer