[Xastir] Re: [Xastir-Dev] Counties Work If you hold your mouth right

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 5 21:53:13 EDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, dale huguley wrote:

> Ok - setting system clock to UTC, setting time zone to Casablanca and
> "USE UTC" in preferences (RH 9.0) counties light up just fine.  Any
> other combo I tried didn't work -- i.e. settting time and timezone to
> EDT or any other offset.  Counties will light up if the expiration is
> far enough in the future in any case.

I'm slowly proving to myself that the time code is wrong.  I'll try
to work on it some more later tonight after the kids are in bed.

So far it looks like we're off by an hour or two on the expiration
time calculation, where we convert it to Unix epoc time (seconds
since the start of Unix).  Since we keep the text string for the
expiration time around as well, we display the original string
instead of converting it back from Unix Epoc time for display, so
even though the time looks correct in the View dialog, it isn't.

> Also on a different topic- the kill packets from Wxsvr do work in
> xastir- this is why I had to edit them out of the second  log file for
> the Tornado  outbreak I made.

Ok.  Check that with the very latest code though.  There's always a
possibility that I broke it with the latest changes.  I was more
concerned with fixing the parsing of all the zone/county packets than
with the cancel or kill packets.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer