[Xastir] USGS DRG maps again

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue May 6 10:51:03 EDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> Yeah, xv, display, gimp, gqview... Opens them fine (just takes a few minutes).
> These are the same files, in the same directory as the last time I had drg
> problems, though I've re-indexed the maps since then a few times.
>
> I'm not sure what's happening. I compiled libgeotiff, libtiff, proj, in the
> correct order, according to README.1ST. I shall try to compile them again, as
> maybe I didn't do it right...

Just to make sure that nothing broke, I deleted my map_index file
and restarted Xastir, then displayed the various types of topo maps.
They indexed just fine and displayed fine.

I suspect it's some interaction (or non-interaction) between your
libproj and libgeotiff libraries.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin