[Xastir] cygwin/xastir questions

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed May 7 15:14:11 EDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:

> I have 2 questions that I can't seem to figure out or find a straight
> answer on.
>
> 1. Has anyone been able to make xastir play sounds when under cygwin? If
> so, what was required?

Do you mean speech or alerts?  I don't know whether anyone has tried
to do either yet.  Windows is a newly-supported platform.  Not
everything that works on Linux/Unix has been tested or tweaked to
work on Windows.

> 2. I can't seem to get the online tiger maps or the "terraserver.geo" to
> work. Any ideas?  I have been able to pull findu trails and tiger shape
> files work.  I have compiled with imagemagick and geotiff support and also
> have wget installed.

Can you type "display filename.png" and have that work?  Terraserver
and the online Tigermaps depend on ImageMagick and either wget or
libcurl.  Check in /var/tmp to see if the image was fetched ok via
wget or libcurl.  If not, that's your problem.  If "display" doesn't
work on an image, then the ImageMagick install is your problem.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin