[Xastir] cygwin/xastir questions

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Wed May 7 19:07:29 EDT 2003

At 06:50 PM 5/7/2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>On Wed, 7 May 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:
>
> > Also checked /var/tmp directory when trying to load an image from
> > terraserver and a .jpg file was fetched.  Is that what it's supposed to be?
>
>Yes.  If you can view that in something, you'll see that it's a
>satellite map of the area you've zoomed in to.  Just have to get
>ImageMagick working on your box and Xastir will display it.  I
>suspect it's either a version problem (did you load the version
>specified in the README.win32 file?) or that DLL problem I
>mentioned.

I pulled the file ImageMagick-5.5.3 from your wetnet.net page and followed
the instructions in the readme.win32 file exactly as written.

I didn't see any mention in the ImageMagick portion about a dll
problem.  There is mention towards the end involving "cygtiff3.dll" and I
only have one version of that file and it's located in /bin