[Xastir] More testing with cygwin--gpsman/gpsmanshp

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Fri May 9 14:16:24 EDT 2003

I decided to see what I could do with gpsman and gpsmanshp under cygwin.

gpsman seems to load up just fine and work by itself.  Not much good for
use in xastir though without gpsmanshp.

I can't even get gpsmanshp to compile under cygwin.  It seems it can't find
the needed libs to link to compile.  I toyed with the makefile a little but
no matter what I try it can't find the files needed.

The gpsman features seem like a neat idea for me but it just isn't worth
giving myself a headache over.  I might try a little more later but for now
I give up.... I'll probably end up making a dedicated linux machine pretty
soon anyway.

Oh well I tried... anyone else want to take a stab at it?