[Xastir] Warning: Changes last night to map indexing

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri May 9 13:50:48 EDT 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Curt Mills wrote:

> Just a small warning.  If you click on the new (as of last night)
> "Re-Index Maps: All Maps" button, you'll currently lose all of your
> Properties settings like map layer, automaps, and fill.
>
> That button blows away the in-memory index and starts from scratch.
>
> I just talked to Olivier about it (he brought it to my attention),
> and I'll change the code shortly so that doesn't happen.  We'll copy
> those settings, and only those settings, across from the old index
> list before we waste it.

This is fixed now.  Full re-indexing now preservers map properties
across the re-indexing.

On another similar topic:

The quick re-indexing may not be what people expect yet, but if it
doesn't pick up/drop the proper maps, you can always click on the
full re-indexing to fix it.

What does everybody expect the quick re-indexing (which is also what
runs at startup if enabled) to do?

What should the labels for these two in the map menu be?  We need to
decide on something quickly so that the translators can get to work
on the two new strings.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin