[Xastir] Can't find ImageMagick lib

Reuven Z Gevaryahu gevaryah at netaxs.com
Fri May 16 12:41:48 EDT 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> If we could make it visible somehow, for all of the optional
> libraries, that would make it much easier to help these people in
> the future.  Don't know if it's easy to do this, just throwing it
> out there.

I think we're dealing with problems in the distribution/packaging system
of the distributions of the people that have these problems. Consider
this- I use a rather-hacked-together slackware based system. I compile
Imagemagick from source. Imagemagic can't end up depending on libraries
that I don't have, because the configure script for Imagemagic wouldn't
compile support for things I don't have installed.

The people who are having these issues seem to be using Redhat or other
such systems where there are seperate devel packages. Because of the
packaging method, Redhat computes package dependencies. If
Imagemagick-devel depends on bzip2-devel and libcms, the rpm program
should tell you so and make you install those first. If such
dependencies aren't computed correctly, the problem should be reported
to Redhat.

The more I consider adding this kind of thing to the docs, the more I
think that this isn't our problem.

--Reuven (KB3EHW)