[Xastir] Failure after ImageMagick updating

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri May 16 17:25:47 EDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003 ik5bcu at tin.it wrote:

> Hi Curt,I'm using linux RHL_7.3 and I was curious to update by reading
> the Xastir hint that I would get better performances if I would have ImageMagick
> updating.

You're probably talking about the text that "configure" puts out
about ImageMagick.  What you can lose is some of the slider
functionality in Tigermaps.  That may not be an issue for you.

You can certainly go back to the other version of ImageMagick that
worked for you.

You can also check the config.log file to see if the problem might
be that ImageMagick needs other libraries which aren't on your
system.  RedHat appears to not have all of the dependencies listed
for the ImageMagick package, so you get it installed ok, but then
you can't do some things with it because of these missing libraries.

Another option is to install ImageMagick from source, which should
nearly always work.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin