[Xastir] Re: Xastir on Windows

Wes Johnston wes at johnston.net
Mon May 19 17:09:07 EDT 2003

Jack, I'm not sure why all your messages appear with no text in them,
instead your text is an attachment.

Now.... I personally am switching to linux within the next day or two.
Xastir was for me, analogous to sticking my toe in the water.  I'm about to
jump in all the way now.  Not to turn this into a microsoft bash, but I'm
getting pretty tired of having to keep up with all the antivirus software,
security updates, and most of all the manditory upgrades which seem to
continually cost me $$$.  WinXP has been a death knell to windows as far as
I'm concerned.  Talk about bloatware.  How cute... I can click on a picture
in a folder and select "buy from kodak".  Pretty useless to me.  I've been
playing with linux on our company's web server for about 2 years and it's
time to bring that functionallity home.  I'm not pushing linux on you...
just justifying my though process.  I have no doubt as linux continues to
catch on, there will eventually be email viruses targeted at red hat and the
like.  For now, I'll try the not so popular OS which will give me the
flexibility to do all the cool web server stuff I've been wanting to do for
so long.

Wes