[Xastir] Re: Xastir on Windows

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Mon May 19 19:34:13 EDT 2003

At 06:03 PM 5/19/2003, Jack Twilley wrote:
>Just don't forget that other people have
>other requirements -- the ham that runs xastir under Cygwin may have
>to share a computer with his XYL who uses AOL, for instance, or with
>their children who use educational software designed for the Windows
>platform.  For those people, running under Cygwin allows them to taste
>the wonder of Unix and of xastir, and they should be encouraged, not
>discouraged, to continue to use what works best for them.

That pretty much sums it all up.  The reasons for sticking with Windows
platforms are as varied as any arguments for using *nix type
platforms.  For me and many people the trouble of installing linux as a
primary/only OS just isn't worth it or isn't an option.  Sadly there is no
"perfect" operating system for all needs.