[Xastir] Xastir on Windows/Cygwin

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Tue May 20 18:58:00 EDT 2003

Kirk Mefford wrote, in part:

>I didn't have any problems compiling with perl 5.8
>installed but you should be sure to change the defaults
>on setup to keep/install perl 5.6 as the readme.win32
>file says just in case.

Well the last time i updated Cygwin was at least six weeks ago, and the version of Perl i had in there was 5.8.  So
i couldn't very well keep 5.6, it was already long gone.
But no problems so far.

By the way, weren't you the one who discovered that the
.cvsrc file has to be saved in Unix format?  Fyew, what a
relief.  cvs update for xastir wouldn't work for me and
no one knew how to fix that.

orrin wn1z