[Xastir] Xastir on Windows/Cygwin

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue May 20 19:40:18 EDT 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Orrin Winton wrote:

> Kirk Mefford wrote, in part:
>
> >I didn't have any problems compiling with perl 5.8
> >installed but you should be sure to change the defaults
> >on setup to keep/install perl 5.6 as the readme.win32
> >file says just in case.
>
> Well the last time i updated Cygwin was at least six weeks ago, and the version of Perl i had in there was 5.8.  So
> i couldn't very well keep 5.6, it was already long gone.

You can always go back though in the Cygwin network installer.

> But no problems so far.

It looks like the problems have been solved w.r.t. Perl 5.8 on
Cygwin.  Jack Twilley was originally the one reporting problems with
it, and that back-rev'ing to Perl 5.6 fixed his problems.

There may still be problems installing the optional libraries
(geotiff/shapelib/imagemagick/libproj).  Haven't gone back and
tried to re-install those with Perl 5.8.  If anyone has done any of
those with Perl 5.8 on Cygwin installed, please let us know the
results.  If all looks well now, I'll yank the Perl 5.6 notes out of
README.win32.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin