[Xastir] Stymied...

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu May 22 09:12:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Carl Makin wrote:

> The number is a little bit important if we want to package up the
> resultant code into a FreeBSD, Fink or DarwinPorts port/package.  They
> rely on the version number incrementing in a predictable way.

And incrementing by one isn't a predictable way???

> Can I make a small suggestion?
>
> Since the last "stable" release was 1.1.0 over 18 months ago and we
> have been working with 1.1.4 and 1.1.5, perhaps we could bump the
> version number up to 1.2 for this release and then the quarterly
> releases could be 1.2.x.  That should carry us through until 2.x.x is
> ready.  From the talk on the list it doesn't seem likely there will be
> an update worthy of calling 1.3.x. :)

You can make all the suggestions you want, but it's up to the
project admin if/when/how to release, and he gets to pick the
revision number.  Whenever Chuck decides that we're ready, a release
will just happen.  The code updates are slowing down (hard to tell
sometimes though, isn't it?), so we're getting close.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin