[Xastir] .tfw to .fdg conversion??

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Thu May 22 22:03:25 EDT 2003

Since no one answered me on my last question I did some more digging.

I have a rather large image I want to use a map that was created with a
ESRI worldfile ".tfw" file for the georeferencing information.  Xastir I
know doesn't support this format but does support Geotiff files with .fdg
data files.

I found that the geotiff package has a utility to convert the image from a
regular tiff file to a geotiff but it doesn't output an extra data files.

I tried running the "mapfdg.pl" script and it didn't do anything.... what
am I missing?  There has to be a way to make it work.