[Xastir] .tfw to .fdg conversion??

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri May 23 10:54:56 EDT 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:

> I've found it somewhat difficult to get the calculation just right to make
> the map line up with other maps though.  That's why I asked if there was an
> easy way to extract or decode the data from the worldfile data format
> either automatically or manually.  The worldfile data I have to the image
> in question is for the upper left and lower right pixel but I can't seem to
> understand how to pull a lat/lon from the worldfile data.

If we had the format for that file and it had the data of interest
in it, we could make a Perl script that would auto-convert for you
quite easily.

I just haven't messed with those files.

Here's what I found with a quick web search:

    http://remotesensing.org/lists/libtiff_archive/msg00007.html

Looks like you have to know what units and projection the numbers
are in.  It doesn't include that information in the file itself.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin