[Xastir] No Shape Maps appearing or listing

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue May 27 13:35:33 EDT 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Dee Turner wrote:

> I had to reinstall this weekend because of an hard drive going bad. I upgraded to Mandrake 9.1 from 9.0 and now no shapefile are indexed or displayed. I do have shape compiled in. I know this subject was discussed early this month but never saw a fix.

If you're running the latest code, it could be that the timestamps
on the Shapefiles are older than the timestamp on your map_index.sys
file.  In that case, you need to do the "Index: Reindex ALL Maps"
instead of the "Index: Add New Maps" or instead of trying to depend
on the indexing on startup feature.

I suppose someday we should add even _more_ code to the indexing
stuff, which attempts to index a map if it's not in the index at
all.  Right now it's strictly a very simple test based on the last
modification time of the files.  You can "touch" a file to get it
reindexed using the "New" functions...

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin