[Xastir] cvs issue(with OSX)

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue May 27 17:30:21 EDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Dennis Hudson wrote:

> Hehe, I got caught up in that too. I put "/sw/bin" in
> ~/Library/init/tcsh/path file.
>
> Dennis, N2LBT
>

> On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 21:10 America/New_York, N1OFZ wrote:
>
> > Last night I decided it was time to try out cvs to update xastir on my
> > OSX machine.  I ran into a little problem with running bootstrap.sh.
> > It ran autoconf from the BSD subsystem instead of the X11 system.  To
> > fix the problem I modified bootstrap.sh to include the full path
> > (/sw/bin/) for aclocal, autoheader, autoconf and automake.
> >
> > This is not a problem worth mentioning except that the casual OSX user
> > may not realize it and complain when configure fails to be built.  I
> > figure that maybe it could be mentioned in the docs where it talks
> > about using --prefix=/sw with configure.  Has anyone else using OSX
> > seen the same thing?
> >
> > Dana

If some of you OSX users can come up with a concise method of
explaining this, and where to put it in the docs, I'd be more than
happy to add it.

I just saw three messages about this from Dana/Carl/Dennis.  Perhaps
you three could talk amongst yourselves and agree on the wording?
This week would be good:  I think we're about to go gold.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin