[Xastir] What am I doing wrong?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed May 28 17:05:13 EDT 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Scott Currie wrote:

> I tried various permission's, but still no luck.  I then tried recompiling
> with ImageMagick support (after downloading and installing v5.5.7).

Wrong version.  5.5.3 is known to work.

> This
> didn't change anything, and I also do not see the Tiger Map option.  I like
> the program, but the screen is rather boring without a map!  What am I
> doing wrong??

You have pocketAPRS/dosAPRS/WinAPRS/USGS GNIS maps available to you
without any additional libraries.  That'll give you some maps to
play with.

If you run the latest greatest CVS version and can get ImageMagick
5.5.3 support compiled in, you'll instantly have online street maps
(Tigermap server), online satellite images (Terraserver), and online
topographic maps (Terraserver again), plus lots more available maps
like weather radar.

If you then get Shapelib compiled in, you'll have weather alerts
available.  You'll need to download the weather alert shapefiles
from NOAA or from my wetnet site.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin