[Xastir] What am I doing wrong?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed May 28 18:58:14 EDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 02:05:13PM -0700, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 May 2003, Scott Currie wrote:
> >
> > > I tried various permission's, but still no luck.  I then tried recompiling
> > > with ImageMagick support (after downloading and installing v5.5.7).
> >
> > Wrong version.  5.5.3 is known to work.
>
> Hmm, that could be a problem for Debian. Yesterday I uploaded the May 15
> snapshot compiled with imagemagick 5.5.7. It seems to run OK but I'm not
> doing anything fancy in my setup.

ImageMagick-5.5.3 is a requirement for Windows/Cygwin.

If you're able to get Xastir to work with the latest ImageMagick on
Debian, then you're fine.  Just make sure that things like the
Terraserver/Toposerver/Tigermaps are working for you.

> Further, we don't have development files available for anything except
> the most recent version, so I can't continue to compile it with 5.5.3.

They sure like to delete old ones quickly don't they?  That's why I
stashed a known working 5.5.3 on one of my own sites so that people
could still retrieve it.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin