[Xastir] Serial KISS interface - long delays

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu May 29 08:46:10 EDT 2003

On Thursday 29 May 2003 04:38, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Is the channel busy, and are you using the correct carrier detect
> method? Are you using the kernel AX.25 with KISS mode, or XASTIR's
> internal KISS?

The channel isn't busy. Does the carrier detect mode matter (or is it
remembered) when you put the TNC in KISS mode? The "Rcv" light doesn't light
up often here, so the channel isn't very busy. It's the "Sta" light that
indicates data coming from the host to the TNC and it's what lighs up for 2-3
seconds, indicating to me that it's taking that long for Xastir to send the
data to the TNC.

I am using Xastir's internal Seral KISS interface.

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.