[Xastir] What am I doing wrong?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu May 29 10:48:16 EDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 03:58:14PM -0700, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> > ImageMagick-5.5.3 is a requirement for Windows/Cygwin.
> >
> > If you're able to get Xastir to work with the latest ImageMagick on
> > Debian, then you're fine.  Just make sure that things like the
> > Terraserver/Toposerver/Tigermaps are working for you.
>
> Well, it compiles. I've never set up those other mapping services
> because I figure that they don't work in Australia?

Yea, but they're quick tests to see if ImageMagick is working
properly.  Just point it at a U.S. location to test out.

> > They sure like to delete old ones quickly don't they?  That's why I
>
> Fine as long as the new versions actually work :-)

Yea.  That has been a problem with ImageMagick.  Our trickiest
library to keep working properly, by far.

Yesterday I updated the instructions in README.win32 (for
Windows/Cygwin boxes) to include downloading/installing liblcms,
which then allows ImageMagick 5.5.7 (the latest) to work with Xastir
on that platform.  Yet another very annoying problem solved.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin