[Xastir] Igate Instructions...And JavAPRSsrvr

Brian Heaton brian.heaton at janusresearch.com
Fri May 30 13:22:59 EDT 2003

IIRC, (ChuckB can confirm) the server sends this at a regular interval.
I think APRSd used to be around 20-30 minutes.  When you get a few
hundred servers running and each of them sending a status packet at that
rate it gets to be pretty often.

At one point we have an option in the code (maybe in the aprsd.conf)
file to filter out those messages from the stream sent to connected
clients.

			THX/BDH

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 13:20, Rich Garcia wrote:
> I am just curious since I see it on there "more than a lot". Maybe a few
> times each minute.
>
> Rich

> > Its just a status message from an Igate somewhere out on the Internet.
Brian D Heaton
Senior Network Engineer
Janus Research Group
(706) 364-9100