[Xastir] tiger maps?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Nov 3 11:02:12 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Tyler Allison wrote:

> > I had a cougar collar for a few months while in college.
>
> I had to read the above like a couple times. All I could think of was Curt
> with a collar around his neck and the scientists chasing him around
> campus. ;)

Precursor to the house-arrest tracking thing on the leg?

I heard a funny thing on NPR a month or two ago:  Seems someone saw
an interesting brick-sized thing outside a house and snatched it.
Later that day cops arrested the thief at his apartment.  He had
stolen a tracking device that someone had put outside their door for
a second, the kind of thing that people under house arrest have to
wear all the time.  The cops knew immediately that it was missing.
Probably not the smartest thing in the world to heist that
particular unit.

I'm not sure how it got detached from the criminal.  Perhaps a cop
had taken it off of them temporarily.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin