[Xastir] Weather alerts to RF?

KC7ZRU kc7zru at arrl.net
Mon Nov 3 21:54:44 EST 2003

Jacob Tennant wrote:

> How do I setup Xastir to send out WX watch/warnings to RF? Also how do I
> tell it which ones I want? such as PBZ & RLX weather services offices ONLY?
>
> Jacob Tennant-K8JWT

Hi Jacob,

in your /home/<user>/.xastir/config directory, create a file called:

nws-stations.txt

In that file, one per line, add the "TO:" calls of the weather info you
want to gate to RF. As of yet, there's no wildcarding, so you'll have to
be singularly specific.

Here's mine:

IGUP
RIWSVR
RIWTOR
RIWWSW
RIWFFA
RIWFFW
RIWNPW
RIWRFW
RIWFLW
CYSNPW
CYSSVR
CYSWSW
CYSTOR
NG7T-3
KC7ZRU-3
KC7ZRU-6
K7YE-3
K7YE-2
KIDS
CQ
WY

Here, you can see that I gate specific info from the Chyenne and
Riverton, WY NOAA offices. Then some of my local buds that show up on
APRS now and then. Hey, gotta generate some traffic here somehow.

IGUP is Joel's beacon - it sends the 'I Gate Up' beacon out to RF - lets
everyone know that the I-gate is working.

73