[Xastir] "Add new maps" broken?

russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Tue Nov 4 15:51:33 EST 2003

I haven't yet checked your "touch" suggestion.  I was pretty sure I'd
"cp"'d my new maps into the map directory, but perhaps I'd just "mv"'d them,
retaining old timestamps.  Come to think of it --- I think I untarred a
tarball full of them into the maps directory, and that would have done the
dirty deed of making old timestamps.  I'll double check this tonight.

(I've been grabbing shapefiles from the National Atlas (www.nationalatlas.org),
a repository of some really cool map layers.  Tom-Bob says "check it
out.")
They come in tarballs, and that might be the petard by which I was just
hoist.

T.