[Xastir] "Add new maps" broken?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Nov 4 16:18:21 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us wrote:

> I haven't yet checked your "touch" suggestion.  I was pretty sure I'd
> "cp"'d my new maps into the map directory, but perhaps I'd just "mv"'d them,
> retaining old timestamps.  Come to think of it --- I think I untarred a
> tarball full of them into the maps directory, and that would have done the
> dirty deed of making old timestamps.  I'll double check this tonight.

Someone suggested a few weeks back that we revamp the Index New Maps
code so that we don't depend on timestamps, but instead depend on
whether or not they're currently in our index.  That was a good
idea and would avoid more user problems in the future.  We just need
to get around to re-coding that piece.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin