[Xastir] "relay digipeat" option?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Nov 13 13:58:34 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:

> I noticed on Xastir that the "relay digi" option on the AGW tnc mode is
> grayed out.  Will Xastir not work with AGW well enough to digi or is there
> more to it?

There's more to it.  In order to use AGWPE as a digi, we have to
implement an entirely different message frame to/from AGWPE.  The
frame we're currently using doesn't pass enough header information
to us in order to implement digipeating.  It was an unfortunate
selection on my part when I initially coded Xastir to use it.  The
docs on AGWPE weren't clear enough to me at the time that I was
heading into a dead-end.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin