[Xastir] Beginnings of a New Mexico shapefile web site

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Thu Nov 13 19:46:12 EST 2003

I've been toying with lots of shapefiles and the dbfawk support in
Xastir, and have enough stuff that I thought I'd pop it up on a web
site for interested parties.

It's at <http://www.swcp.com/~russo/shape_web/>.  Except for one
world-wide shapefile I dug up from somewhere and a CONUS-wide file
pulled from the National Atlas, I only have data right around
Albuquerque, New Mexico, but there's a lot of it, and there are
associated dbfawk files to play with.  I once saw a station using
Xastir in NM who wasn't me, so perhaps this will actually be useful to
someone.  I also hope to be converting some Losedows users to the Way
of Light, and perhaps they'll like having this repository, too.

I have also hacked up a variant of "cs2cs" that works directly on
shapefiles and does datum conversion correctly (unlike shpproj).
It's there on that site as well.

Enjoy.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/